With the increase of progress in technology advancement globally, the number of diseases and health issues has been increased too. But uninsured people, what about them? In the world full of expenses and materialistic approach, are they also enjoying the health care services like the insured people? There is some significant question mark on whether uninsured people should be provided with any medical care or not? Here, in this article, we will try our best to develop a research-based and health professionals biased solution regarding this question. But firstly, let us make you clear about insured people and uninsured people.
What is meant by uninsured people?
Insured people lack any insurance about health care services or any hospital protocols based on free billings. On the other hand, insured people have proper insurance about their health issues, diseases and any damaging incidents or accidents.
Why are people uninsured?
Now you must be thinking that why some people are insured, and some are uninsured. The answer to this question is that in 2020, there was an article on critical facts for uninsured people which was written by Jennifer Tolbert and Kendel Orgera. They stated that people are uninsured because they do not have access to insurance through their jobs or other fields. They said particularly about low adults that they are unable to get Medicaidand much additional financial assistance because they lack many sources and job opportunities.
What are some Statistics about uninsured people?
If we talk about the number of uninsured people then according to research conducted by the census bureau, in 2016 the number of uninsured people was 27.3 million. Still, in 2019 it came to 29.6 million. It got to increase a lot as it was clearly stated in the article of health insurance coverage of USA.
Should uninsured people be provided with any medical care or not?
Now, the time is to discuss the most important thing: should there be any financial assistance related to medical care and health or not? There are many types of research regarding this aspect; let us discuss those.
- Uninsured people can affect society:
There was an article published by David Mills with the name; why you should care about your neighbor’s health insurance? This article revealed that people think uninsured people feel that suffering just for themselves, but this study suggested that it only does not affect them, in fact in a long chain or circle, its effect comes to you. Because of the increasing number of these people can cause an increase in medical costs and premiums, so Health care experts suggest that many uninsured people can cause harmful effects on the whole health care system. America’s health insurance plan officials say that insurance is a kind of business, and it gets affordable and easy only when everyone tries to fall in it.
- Everyone should have primary health care:
In an article published by Carolyn Mcclanahan about a great example of health coverage, everyone should have a primary health care system. It is their fundamental human right. Except for the united states, almost all countries are providing primary health care system. Economists state that direct health care insurance should be provided to everyone because caring for others is a humane thing.
- Affordable care act:
Many people were against this act, but this act states many positive things about the human-friendly approach. This program was a health reform to expand the Medicaid program and make different health insurances affordable. This act also focused that giving uninsured people insurance is essential because they are also a part of our society.
- Healthier and productive society:
There was an article published on making a health-based care system in the USA. The main goals were to make everyone realize that building insurance plans for everyone will make a Successful health care system of a nation. Different Healthcare plans and strategies can make it financially possible for the government without burdening the national budget.
So, now you can answer that giving primary health care system to everyone is essential. It will not just nourish uninsured people but also the progress of the whole nation.
- Key facts about the uninsured population by Jennifer Tolbert, Kendel orgera, November 06, 2020, retrieved from https://www.kff.org/uninsured/issue-brief/key-facts-about-the-uninsured-population/
- Health insurance coverage in the united states retrieved from https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Health_insurance_coverage_in_the_United_States
- Why you should care if your neighbour does not have health insurance by David mills retrieved from https://www.healthline.com/health-news/why-you-should-care-if-your-neighbor-doesnt-have-health-insurance
- Why everyone should have health coverage retrieved from https://www.forbes.com/sites/carolynmcclanahan/2012/08/22/great-story-on-why-everyone-should-have-health-coverage/
- Affordable care act ACA retrieved from https://www.healthcare.gov/glossary/affordable-care-act/
- Health care for all; a framework for moving to a primary care-based health care system in the united states retrieved from https://www.aafp.org/about/policies/all/health-care-for-all.html