Doctors Have the Highest Mortality Rate from Covid-19. What are the ways to decrease it?
The outbreak of the Novel Corona Virus (Covid-19) has badly affected people globally. It has been observed that doctors, health care workers, and paramedics are at a greater risk to get attack of Corona virus. Multiple factors contribute to the higher mortality rate among doctors. Few factors have been considered as the major cause of the higher mortality rate among paramedics and doctors.
- Slight carelessness lead the doctors toward the severe attack by the corona virus.
- Lack of training to deal with SARS Corona Virus-19.
- Shortage of medical equipment and safety suits to deal with the emerging patients of Covid-19.
- It has been observed that the doctors of 50+ age are affecting more rapidly than the young ones.
Ways to Reduce the Mortality Rate Among the Doctors and Paramedics:
To protect the lives and reduce the mortality rate among doctors globally, it is important to implement such SOPS so doctors stay safe in hospitals especially while treating corona patients. The health care authorities developed a series of measures globally to reduce the ratio of mortality among doctors. Following are some initiatives taken by the authorities to bring the mortality ratio to a minimal level.
- It has been decided to ensure the audit of deaths of health care workers and doctors so the authorities can keenly observe the criticality of the disease among the doctors. Moreover, the authorities can look upon the reasons that pushed the doctors towards death.
- Proper training should be provided to the doctors to let them know and educate them about the severity and the complexities of the disease to deal with the complications of the Nobel Corona Virus.
- Safety Kits and suits should be provided to the doctors. The authorities will keep a check and balance over the availability of these safety kits to the doctors to protect themselves from the fatal virus.
- A policy should be practiced in which the older aged doctors should not treat the Covid-19 patients; instead, the patients should be looked after and treated by young doctors or those below 50years.
- Those doctors should not treat Covid-19 patients who have a weak immune system or lack immunity. Or those doctors whose lungs are already infected with any other virus.
- A proper plan should be formulated to keep an eye on the doctors’ mortality rate and keenly observe the causes of deaths among doctor. Therefore, it is essential to take precautions future accordingly to avoid the mortality rate among the doctors for the same reason.
- The front-line health workers and the doctors should be vaccinated first against the Covid-19 Virus to treat the covid patients in a better way.
- The health care authorities should keep a check and balance on the hospitals, take every possible step, and cooperate with the paramedics to reduce the mortality risks.
Doctors should wear masks to reduce the mortality rate, maintain social distancing and ensure the cleaning of hands to stay prevented from any serious situations. It is essential to follow all SOPs to provide the doctors better working conditions.