Scientists use animals for research purposes to check either the drug works well or not. Moreover, the main purpose is to evaluate the drug effects on the different organs and different disease conditions. They use fruitflies, rabbits, mice, and frogs for drug testing. It is because the internal organism mechanism resembles much of human beings. Therefore, the animals are known as the best mode of testing drugs.
Now the question is, is it legal to use animals for drug testing purposes? It has been a long debate. Many researchers say that there is no issue with using animals for drug testing as it is essential for human health and provides a better lifestyle. On the other hand, the animal rights organization negates this concept and does not allow animal testing. But scientists neglect the concept and use the animals to find the beneficial and adverse effects of the drugs on animals. However, they follow certain regulations to provide less harm to animals and complete their research work.
Rules to follow for animal testing
Scientists do work in such a way to minimize the harm to animals. For this reason, they use the principle of the three Rs. These include the
A scientist can use alternative concepts when there is no risk to human life and adopt culturing techniques conveniently.
They are using the appropriate experimental method to reduce the animal numbers. Moreover, to share the information, so others don’t do the same experiment. Thus, they can save animal’s life.
Scientists must use the refine methods to minimize pain or stress on the animal. It is essential to adopt the self invasive technique and improve the living conditions and medical care.
- Is it essential to use animal models for drug testing
- Scientists use animals with care because they find them a useful source for drug testing. It is important to use animals because
- Scientistcan advance their knowledge of animal and human health and disease by studying models of animals.
- It is essential to use animals for new vaccinations, insulin, antibiotics, and HIV medicines. There is a chance of getting adverse effects if they incorporate drugs without testing on humans. Therefore, it is essential to use animals for such testing.
- Animals play a vital role in medical research as they give hope for the treatment of diseases conditions like heart failure, Alzheimer’s disease, and heart failure.
Because of all these reasons, animal testing is important and legal part of drug testing. These are crucial parts of science, and researchers use animals to ensure that the drug is effective. Moreover, it provides a hope that science has found the treatment for a particular disease or not. Although taking the life of an animal is heart-wrenching, but for the better life of human beings and to improve quality of life, scientists use animals for research purposes. Thus, the animal rights organization also permits the use of animals for drug testing purposes.